Talavera Junior School
Special Needs Assistant 1:1 with a named child
Closing date:06/07/2020 at 12:00
Job Start Date:01/09/2020
Contract/Hours:Temporary , Part-time
Salary Type:Support Staff
Salary Details:HCC Support Grade B
Hours of Work:16.25 hours per week, term time only
Location of Role:Talavera Junior School
Contact e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to make a real difference?
We are looking for a Special Needs Assistant to work in year 3 for 5 mornings a week, 8.45am-12.15pm. There is also an additional 5 hours available as a Lunchtime Assistant.
Your responsibilities will include 1:1 support of an individual child with SEN needs within year 3. You may also be asked to assist other adults in the class with the preparation of resources and general classroom duties.
We are looking for someone who:
- has high expectations of all children
- has experience of SEN children
- understands the needs of an autistic child
- is able to use their own initiative and be proactive
- is able to communicate well with others
- is a good team player
- has excellent subject knowledge in English and Maths with a minimum Grade C GCSE in both.
We can offer you children who are enthusiastic to learn and determined to do their best. Full training and support within the role. We are an outstanding school with a supportive and friendly team.
For further information or an application form please download the below form and email it to email@example.com or call the office on 01252 322156. Visits are warmly welcomed and we will do our best to enable you to look around the school during the Covid-19 restrictions.
Talavera Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The Hangout - After School Care Provision
Due to further expansion, we are looking for energetic and hardworking After School Club Assistants to join our team. ‘The Hangout’ based in Talavera Junior School is a play based after school care provision which takes pupils from both Talavera Infants and Junior School. We are proud of our very busy club where we believe in offering a huge range of activities and opportunities so that the children can thoroughly enjoy their time with us.
Working hours will be 3pm – 6pm (up to 5 afternoons a week). Hours can be increased to 16 hours per week for the right candidate.
The successful candidates will:
- enjoy working with children,
- be committed to providing high quality care in a safe environment,
- prepare and distribute a suitable nutritious snack for all children,
- plan and organise a varied and creative play programme of suitable activities for all children,
- be patient, cheerful and enthusiastic,
- be self-motivated and able to use their own initiative,
- understand the importance of confidentiality in a school and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Be willing to undergo further training such as First Aid and Food hygiene.
Visits are warmly welcomed to the school and for further information or an application form, please call 01252 322156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Support Staff application forms can also be found on our school website www.talaverajunior.co.uk.